Sunday, May 1, 2011

Cross-Stitch Idea: Arts and Science Museum Singapore

Arts and Science Museum & Marina Bay Sands Hotel
Hi all! Today I would like to introduce a cross-stitch pattern idea which I'm going to design and make. It's the Arts and Science Museum Singapore. Even though I'm not someone from the Architectural field, but I really admire this building and I have drop a visit during my last holiday, so I know the exact feeling and excitement of admiring this building from the inside! And yes, it's so beautiful, both from outside or inside perspective! This grand design of Moshe Safdie is spaciously amazing! Having a pleasant stay at Marina Bay Sands Tower 1 Clubs and Suites, then enjoying such a perfect fusion between arts and science, is a very fun moment for me. So, enough for the story, here's come my idea.

Making Arts and Science Museum as a cross-stitch photo is not a wise idea. There's not much color in it, and this technique will make this architectural master piece losing its edges and boldness. The design size will also become too large, and stitcher will need years to finish it. 

See that the main attractive point of this work is actually the architectural lines.

So, here's my conclusion. In this design, the building lines should be emphasized. Do you agree with that?

To emphasize the architectural lines, my plan is making the design as sketches. Have never seen a cross-stitch design from sketches? Here is one great example from Janlynn:
Mickey Mouse Sketch - Janlynn Corporation
The sketch cross-stitch design will add an artistic feeling towards the Arts and Science Museum, I think. Plus, all those back-stitches are not required to be filled with cross stitch. Some half stitches might required, but also not essential. The difficulty is actually about determining which back-stitches need one strand, and which ones need more strand to add some boldness levels.

Thank you for reading my cross-stitch design idea! And I need your opinions about this idea. So, let's say that you want to make the Arts and Science Museum as a cross-stitch sketches, how big or small you want it to be? Do you think that making this design as a sketches is a great idea, or do you have other suggestions? Please feel free to say it through the comment box below. Thank you very much and have a pleasant stitching day!

---
Image Sources:
http://www.marinabaysands.com/ArtScienceMuseum/#tabs_1_4
http://www.interfoods.co.cc/2011/03/art-science-museum-in-singapore.html
http://www.123stitch.com/cgi-perl/itemdetail.pl?item=K1135-88

No comments: